This course contains 10 hours tax law, 6 hours AFTR, and 2-hours Ethics. After completion of this course with a 70% or better, the tax professional will be able to have limited representation rights for their clients.
How do I obtain an AFSP-Record of Completion for Filing Season 2019?
- Take a six (6) hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher (AFTR) course that covers filing season issues and tax law updates, as well as a knowledge-based comprehension test administered at the end of the course by the CE Provider.
- Take three (3) hours of other federal tax law topics; and
- Take two (2) hours of ethics.
- Have a preparer tax identification number (PTIN) for 2015.
- Consent to adhere to specific practice obligations outlined in subpart B and section 10.51 of Treasury Department Circular No. 230.
This course qualifies for 18 hours of continuing education.
How and when will I get my Record of Completion?
After PTIN renewal season begins in October 2019, a Record of Completion will be generated to you once all requirements have been met, including renewal of your PTIN for 2019 and consent to the Circular 230 obligations.
If you have an online PTIN account, you will receive an email from TaxPro_PTIN@irs.gov with instructions on how to sign the Circular 230 consent and receive your certificate in your online secure mailbox.
If you do not have an online PTIN account, you will receive a letter with instructions for completing the application process and obtaining your certificate.